South African Head Office
57 Swarthout Street, Doringkloof, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa, 0157
From within South Africa: (012) 6709010 or (012) 6709022
From outside South Africa: (0027) 12 6709010 or (0027) 12 6709022
Office Hours Monday to Friday 9:00 to 15:00
Official South African Document Retrieval, Authentication and Legalisation Specialists
Letter of No Impediment
Letter of No Impediment also known as Free to Marry Letter or Confirmation of Marital Status Letter
This letter is issued by the Department of Home Affairs and Confirms the Martial Status of the applicant
1. How to Apply for a letter of No Impediment.
1.1. Download and complete the Client Sheet.
1.2. Very important from November 2014 download Appointment and Authorisation to obtain Documents from the Department of Home Affairs.
1.3 Download and complete the Application for a Letter of No Impediment.
1.4. Make a Copy of your Passport or ID document -
1.5. Email us the application.
1.6. On receipt of the application for a Letter of No Impediment we will:
• Process the application
• Send you a invoice with payment options and banking details.
2. Lead Times and fees : Although lead times are a indication of results in at least 85% of our applications GMTM consultants does in no way Guarantee lead times in any way and does not accept responsibility for any loss due to delays in issue of certificates and/or certificates issued with faulty information.
• Lead Time 6 weeks to 12 weeks.
• Fee R 895. R 495 payable on invoice and R 400 on completion.
• Can Be Legalised by Authentication, Apostille and/or Certification at Embassy.
• Can usually not be older than 3 months.
Lead times are based on our experience in 85% plus of our applications but cannot be guaranteed