South African Head Office
57 Swarthout Street, Doringkloof, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa, 0157
From within South Africa: (012) 6709010 or (012) 6709022
From outside South Africa: (0027) 12 6709010 or (0027) 12 6709022
Office Hours Monday to Friday 9:00 to 15:00
Official South African Document Retrieval, Authentication and Legalisation Specialists
SANDF Exemption Letter
1. How to obtain a South African Defence Force Exemption Letter?
1. Download the Application Form.
2. Download and complete the Client Sheet.
3. Complete, scan and email to us.
2. What is South African Defence Force Exemption Letter?
It is a official document on ta SANDF letter head confirming your involvement in the South African Defence Force. It will also state if you have outstanding obligations to the Defence Force. Note it only states if you have outstanding obligations and does not state that you do not have outstanding obligations.
3. Documents and Information needed for application.
• Application forms as above.
• Members written application -
• Certified copy of the requester’s identity document or passport.
• A signed letter of permission from the member, if passed away.
• Date of assumption of military service.
• Date of discharge from military service.
• Regiment/unit where the person served.
4. Lead Times and fees : Although lead times are a indication of results in at least 85% of our applications GMTM consultants does in no way Guarantee lead times in any way and does not accept responsibility for any loss due to delays in issue of certificates and/or certificates issued with faulty information.
5.1. SANDF Exemption Letter.
5.1. Normal Lead Time 15 working days.
• R 645 payable on invoice with application.
5.1.2. Expedited Lead Time to 1 working day.
• Additional R 395 payable if we successfully obtain the certificate in 5 working day.
5.2. Courier Fees
5.2.1. Door to Door where possible in South Africa R 150-
• Our preferred service provider is The Courier Guy and parcels can be tracked here
• If documents cannot be delivered door to door documents will be courier ed to your nearest post Office via Speed Service couriers.
5.2.2. Door to Door where possible any destination outside of South Africa R 625-
• Our preferred service provider is DHL and parcels can be tracked here
6. Payment methods and Forex and Bank Fees: banking details will be supplied with the invoice.
6.1. EFT from any bank in South Africa -
6.2. EFT from a bank outside of South Africa forex fees of R 170 per transaction.
6.3. Cash payment from within South Africa -
6.4. PayPal -
7. Process when we receive the Application:
8. Process when we receive the Application:
Lead times are based on our experience in 85% plus of our applications but cannot be guaranteed